A place for Contessa 26 owners to post their boats for sale. There is no cost to post an ad. If you'd like to add a boat to the marketplace, forward the ad copy to email@example.com.
Other items for sale are listed in the For Sale section of the Contessa Corner Forums.
Currently located in Oriental, NC
- This boat is in wonderful condition and has traveled more than 4000 miles in the past year. She is ready to go!
- She has a reliable 10 hp Bukh inboard diesel in great running condition.
- There are many new and recent parts including:
- Almost new sails (first used in 2010)—Main, storm jib, working jib, and 135% genoa. 110% Genoa is in fair shape and is my most-used sail.
- Recent standing and running rigging (2009)
- New genoa track cars
- Self-tailing Lewmar 16 cockpit winches
- Custom mainsheet traveler system with Lewmar traveler
- Mast rewired with new masthead lights in 2009
- Cape Horn self-steering vane—works beautifully! I only steer in channels and harbors or if there is NO wind!
- Less than 200 hours on new engine mounts, cutless bearing, shaft packing, and new water-lift muffler
- Water pump rebuilt 50 hours ago—new spare parts on board as well
- Racing-smooth bottom with Interlux VC-17 bottom paint and factory barrier coat
- Head with holding tank
- 19-lb Danforth style anchor with chain and braided rode
- Raymarine VHF
- Depthsounder, new in box
I pulled, polished, inspected, and re-bedded all of the chainplates and also re-bedded some of the deck hardware this winter.
The boat is on the hard in Oriental, NC. She had been a Lake Erie boat her whole life until this winter, when she took me down the rivers to the Gulf of Mexico and now this far back up the East Coast. Her engine has been flushed and all the salt scrubbed off the boat, so she isn’t deteriorating from corrosion while she sits. If she doesn’t sell soon, then I will take her back up to Lake Erie where she has her trailer. The boat and trailer can be purchased together for $17,000 unless one of them sells separately first.
If desired, I will deliver this boat by sea from Oriental to points on the east or gulf coasts of the US, or the Great Lakes.
Contact me at 508-364-1459 or sy.cavendysh (at) gmail (dot) com
If I don’t respond right away it is because I am at sea. I will get back to you!