A place for Contessa 26 owners to post their boats for sale. There is no cost to post an ad. If you'd like to add a boat to the marketplace, forward the ad copy to email@example.com.
Other items for sale are listed in the For Sale section of the Contessa Corner Forums.
The sailboat is located in Angra de Heroismo, Azores, Portugal
Some of the equipment includes the following:
- Storm Jib
- Intermediate Jib
- Working Jib
- 1 Genoa
- 1 Intermediate Genoa (North Sails) with 1 reef
- 2 main sails with 3 reefs
- Farymann Diesel K30 6HP Engine
- Autohelm Seetalk tridata 50 plus
- Deep cycle batteries Exit 900 12V
- Cape Horn Self-steering
- Autopilot Autohelm ST1000+
- Origo Alcohol stove 1500
- DSC VHF NAVICOM RT-450 radio
- 2 10.5 gallon water tanks
- 1 10.5 gallon fuel tank
For more information and photos, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
his listing is for Slow Dance , a 1974 Contessa 26 manufacturers Hull #FLZM9625D174 sitting on a 2004 Triad Trailer (Used Once for 40 Miles) I believe this to be a Project Boat as it has been not been off the trailer for 10 years.
Questions can be sent or called in:
Phone : (704)-401-6670
The sailboat is located in Charlotte, North Carolina
Some of the equipment includes the following:
1988 Yanmar 1GM10
Origo 1 Burner Stove
Navico Auto pilot
Garmin GPS (Early 1980’s)
25 Watt Apelco VHF Radio (Early 1980’s)
Horizon DS 45 Depth Sounder (2000)
Claw Anchor on Bow Roller
20# North Hill
Dockside electrical cable
200 Watt Inverter
Standing Rigging Re[placed in 2000
Xanthus is a J.J. Taylor built Contessa 26, built in Ontario in 1980. We are currently in the South Pacific right now in Vava’u Tonga. We have been cruising the Pacific for the past 4 years and did an extensive refit in 2012/13 while we we’re in Hawaii. We have a blog page we’ve put up with a lot of photos and information for those interested it’s: svxanthus.blogspot.com
- Xanthus has been rerigged in 2013. All new chainplates, turnbuckles, etc, and dux rigging.
- Mainsail with 3 reefs with strongtrack
- Trysail with separate track
- Storm jib
- Intermediate jib
- Working jib
- Spinnaker pole with track
- Flynnspray brass water pump
- Two 8 gallon water tanks
- One 10 gallon water tank
- With inline filter and manifold
- Force 10 two burner LPG stove with oven.
- Two 6lb aluminum LPG tanks
- New Standard Horizon VHF with AIS receiver.
- Two 20 watt solar panels
- Charge controller
- 32 amp battery
- Two manual bilge pumps
- Aluminum whale in cockpit
- Separate bilge pump below
- Monitor wind vane
- Dual pivoting tabernacle, can easily drop mast with topping lift and main sheets
- Sta-set X halyards
- New running rigging 2012
- Lazy jacks
- 25lb CQR
- 7kg Bruce
- 100 feet of 5/16” chain
- 200 feet of ¾” 8 strand nylon rode
- 200 feet ¾” 8 strand nylon rode spare
- Jacklines with 2 harnesses
- Offshore lifelines
- Parachute anchor
- Two sets of dive gear
- Two Dive Rite BC’s
- Two sets of regulators Tusa
- Two aluminum tanks
- rebuild kits for both 1st stage and 2nd stage regs
- Full cockpit canvas
- Forward hatch canvas
- Two opening New Found Metals Ports
- 4 non opening ports
- Oar locks with two 13’ long sweeps
- Outboard bracket
- EPIRB ACR 406 MHz GPS
- Eton Solara XL solar powered MP3 player
Xanthus is ready to continue cruising for many more years and comes with various, line, dishes, tools, flashlights, GPS, flares, water bladders, laser flare, etc, etc, etc.
As with many boats Xanthus has a lot more money in her than her asking price if interested or have any questions please e-mail email@example.com
Varuna #324 is actually for sale due to health reasons (Parkinson’s) and just isn’t getting properly used. She went around the world with Tania and from Maine to the Bahamas and back with me in 2008-9 and has proved to be a very trustworthy and safe boat in all kinds of conditions. On deck she shows obvious age wear and tear and could use some painting tlc on some metal bits, but everything works.
- Original Monitor self steering gear works like a charm… lots of spares that I have never used
- 4 man Avon dinghy container mounts on deck…inspected before Bahamas trip
- Epirb…inspected before Bahamas trip
- Beta 10 diesel is superb….runs trouble free like new with 752hrs on her…cruises at 5.2kn at 2400rpm with plastic prop
- LCD radar on mast with swing out panel display in companionway
- New Garmin chart plotter this year (old one died in winter storage and couldn’t be serviced) This one has build in sounder. Nice!
- Paper charts include for the entire US East Coast and the Bahamas to Gerogetown
- Also included a bunch of paper charts for world cruising…most Pacific, I think…. have never looked at them much as never wanted to go that far
- New main for Bahamas trip…have spare old main that is a bit baggy
- Excellent troublefree roller furler for jib, genoa, and storm jib
- Jib has seen better days but is a good cut and a great shape so has life left.
- Genoa seems a poor cut to me so I don’t like its shape, and I rarely use it
- Storm jib is like new…but has been a lifesaver…Varuna can beat off a lea shore with her alone
- Storm trysail is also included…great condition….have never used it
- Custom bow roller for CQR anchor…makes dropping and hauling/stowing anchor effortless.
- Two separate Danforth style anchors…one kept folded and one setup with some chain and 100’ of rode
- Sea anchor….never used so no comment
- Standing rigging seems in good shape…. steps on mast.
- Tricolor on top of mast with LED for anchor light…good shape
- New wiring to bow and stern lights…. lenses do show aging
- Electric bilge pump with optional mercury switch
- Manual bilge pump….used only once in a panic when sailing on a std tack in strong winds water siphoned down the electric pump outlet ( now I keep that outlet closed except when wanted!)
- New fresh water pump diaphragm this year…don’t know how old the old one was as it came with the boat to me
- Two new quality batteries (that will hold a charge over the winter!!!) installed last year. One is one of those weird looking Optima ones….not cheap!
- Running rigging is looking faded, but seems sturdy…. did replace jib sheets last years with smaller dia that seem to work better in the self-tailing winches
- Hundreds of feet of new Samsonline included…mostly running rigging size
- Lots of stainless metal spares from turnbuckles to bolts to screws
- Force 10 two burner kerosene stove with gimbaled propane single burner mounted above it for quick jobs
- New VHF and handheld VHF for Bahamas trip
- Porta potty…removed old sea water potty thru hulls and glassed over openings
- Dodger with custom frame included but don’t keep it mounted for just summer sailing as it restricts visibility.
- Cockpit spray curtains included
- Vintage Avon inflatable dinghy shows aging but holds air fine…. I keep it stowed up forward below.
- Newer berth cushions below with matching backrest material…no forward v-berth cushions
- Hand operated sea water filter… never used so no comment…. these things aren’t cheap!
- 12 gallon diesel tank…great shape… cleaned for Bahamas trip
- Engine has a spin-on diesel filter, but a second Napa one with water separated is there too…never seems to be any water in it.
- New switch panels and much new wiring
- Also included are your choice of about 50 mariners books…from weather to world cruising to seamanship…Maiden Voyage NOT included!
I am sure I have forgotten something…perhaps even something important. Her price is $25,000 USD firm ( which is about 1/2 of what I have invested in her.) Not cheap…. in the water in Harpswell, Maine. What fun this boat has been, though, and you would not believe how often people still spot the big VARUNA name on her cabin sides and radio over for a comment…even one FL bridge tender request a channel change for a conversation.
If you are a serious buyer… Varuna can be sailed away right now safely/reliably to anywhere alone the US East Coast ( or to Canada!) to get in touch and come round for a trial sail. However, although I will endeavor to answer questions via email, I am not interested in general chatting/stories and such due to my health and slow typing.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org sorry…. no phone number until I know I want to talk to you.
We sailed out of Port Townsend, WA, USA 4 years ago and have been sailing our Contessa 26 “Xanthus” around the pacific ever since. She’s been a wonderful full time home for us. We are currently in Apia, Samoa, at least for the next month or so and then it’s on it some other beautiful pacific island.
Xanthus was built in Ontario in 1980. She’s a true world cruiser and in great shape. We did a major refit in Hawai’i 2012/2013. She comes with her trusty companion, “Lucy” a 10’ 4” nesting hard dinghy with sailing rig. The dinghy is a Danny Greene chameleon design.
For more info and photos visit: http://svxanthus.blogspot.com/2014/07/xanthus-for-sale.html
or email email@example.com
As it seems with most boats there is lots more money in this boat then asking price. Make an offer.
HULL #56, J. J. Taylor & Sons -FRESHWATER SAILBOAT, WELL MAINTAINEDD BY FOURTH OWNER, LAST SURVEYED 2012
MANY UPGRADES INCLUDING PROFURL, NEW SAILS & RUNNING RIGGING, BOARDING LADDER & SHORE POWER. EMERALD GREEN AWLGRIP.
LOA 26 feet, LWL 21 feet
BEAM 7 feet, 6 inches
SAIL AREA 304 sq. ft
MAST deck stepped, height to W/L 35 feet
DRAFT – 4 ft, 6 inches
ENGINE – VIRE gasoline, 7 hp. with op’s manual
TRANSMISSION – single lever with choke
ASKING $8900. or BEST OFFER
FOR PHOTOS AND A LISTING OF ADDITIONAL FEATURES, GO TO
Loretta Armstrong 705-796-7039
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Portable 25 litre fuel tank
120 SHORE POWER with 2 outlets & cable
In line battery charger
House and starting batteries, multi-battery switch
VHF Radio with swing arm to cockpit
Jenson AM/FM radio/CD player
Raymarine depthsounder – new
Raymarine knot meter
Compass readable from cockpit & cabin
ProFurl furling gear
4 Winches, all lines to aft
Electric bilge pump + manual pump
steel cradle, and newer 20 X 30 heavy tarp
20 Gallon fresh water tank with brass hand pump
20 gallon waste tank
New Jabsco marine toilet 2013 Annual spring bottomcote antifouling
Chainplates reseated 2009
New bilge hoses and exhaust
Split backstay with tensioner
Stainless boarding/swim ladder, 4 step folding with treads 2011
BBQ on stern rail
Life ring with floating line
4 scupper drains, 3 cockpit drains
Single line main sheet traveller on the transom
New main \& jib halyards 2013
New Cunningham 2013
Anchor holder on bow pulpit
Danforth anchor with chain & rode
Green awl grip painted hull and off white topsides, l995.
Teak brightwork refreshed last year
New green sail cover 2011
New l50 Genoa with green UV cover 2012
New loose footed main sail 2012
Dodger and bimini in excellent condition, new plastic 2012.
Sun tarp and forward hatch sun shade
6 cabin ports
Opening forward hatch
Upholstery cabin & V-berth in excellent condition
4 cabin lights
Teak interior excellent condition
Butane portable single burner stove
Teak bilge inspection floor plates
Teak cabin stowage units (2)
2 settee/quarterberths 6’6
Cockpit floor matting,
6 docklines and 4 fenders, Life jackets
With regret I am selling my Contessa 26, I am the third owner of this boat. Besides Comments on its sailing abilities, here are Some highlights to this beautiful boat.
-Top sides refinished 2012 Flag blue.( $2200)
-new lifelines 2012 ($500)
-bottom coat, anti-fouling every year.
-Feryman 7hp Diesel re condition 2013 ( $4500)
-two new Deep Cycle batteries 2013
-Double Axel trailer, serviced, 4 new 10ply tires ($1200)
-Toe rails, hand rails refinished 2013.
-2 main Sails, one great condition full batten, one medium condition.
-Furling 100% jib good condition, stormsail, 120% genoa, 2 spinnakers with pole one like new.
- Federally registered
-Traveller bar installed aft of cockpit.
-all rigged for solo, jiffy rig on main, for quick reefing, all lines lead to cockpit.
-four winches two self tailing.
-danforth anchor, with excessive amount of rode.
-lifejackets, cushions, bumpers, extra lines, ice box, head, sink, portable butane burner, boards and cushions to attach port and starboard berths into double, tools, extra cleats, clamps, and blocks.
-manual bilge pump
-depth meter, compass.
This year, I was to put a new vhf radio and new masthead light, new flares, refinsh the rudder woodwork. This and a good deck scrub, after winter. Gets you to one of the pretties boats in any Marina. “Man Friday” is a few hours of work away from being drop in the water worthy. Currently on the hard in niagara on the lake ( which may still have a slip for it available). If you would like any more information feel free to contact.
1976 Contessa 26 – HIN: ZJT031640175
$8,500 USD – In Pueblo, Colorado
Including: mast, standing, running rigging, paint and primer for hull.
Trailer: 2005, Titled, 4 wheel breaks – Very good condition.
Sails: Main and 150 roller furling Genoa.
Hasler wind vane.
Anchor w/ chain and rode.
One boat hook.
No blisters, has been also in salt water.
Eight bronze port lights.
All interior wood has been refinished, requiring finish coat.
Interior nearly repainted, extra paint good.
Decks one coat, beginning of reseating deck gear
More pictures and info:
I will continue working on it, but I am moving to a place w/ no lake/ocean, that’s why I am deciding to sell it. The Boat is located in Pueblo, Colorado – U.S.A. Will ship to anywhere in the country or Canada.
$8,500 USD, including trailer, above, and vessel.
Contact: Lysandro Sandoval Filho +1 (719) 214 9511 email@example.com Pueblo, CO – U.S.A.
A 1975 fresh water Contessa. Faryman diesel,Alcohol stove, head,
anchor,all safety equipment.
Roller jib, steel cradle, new radio.
Solid boat for 40 Years old. Forhatch, ports and running rigging need
replaced but over all a good boat for almost 40 years old.
Lays in Barcelona NY.
In the water, come and sail her. Pick a really bad day so you can
appreciate a Contessa.
Will deliver anywhere on Lake Erie and would consider delivery in other
1982 built by J J Taylor 26’ used for daysailing the past 20 years.
New Farrymann inboard diesel engine
Mainsail & cover
140 Genoa roller furling (1 year old)
head and holding tank
auto bilge pump
dripless stuffing box
deck railing and netting fence
covered cushions, 6 life preservers, ring buoy with line, fenders
slip paid for thru Oct 2012
Location: Delran NJ
Call Bill at 856-786-1419
Hull in good shape (no delimitation, no osmosis and hydrometer test done)
Everything inside is dismantled (project of full renovation abandoned)
Mast + Boom + sails included
All original parts (tech) included
No Engine – no electronics
Road Trailer included (Value $4000)
Blue Book : Team-Spirit.ca
Near Granby Qc
Serious calls only
Built 1976 JJ Taylor, Toronto
Laying Balboa, Panama
Sailed single handed Miami – Panama
GPS GME VHF & AIS Standard Horizon GX2100
Marine stereo/cd player
Various charts of the Caribbean and Pacific Solar
Panel with adjustable mount and solar controller 80watt Siemens
12v 60AH battery
Yamaha 4hp 4-stroke engine on transom mount
Grab bag includes EPIRB, spare GPS Garmin, flares, torch
Medical kit Westmarine
Single burner Origo 1500 methanol stove (5 gallons of methanol onboard)
Flexible water bladders 50 ltr x 5
Gasoline tanks x 6 (2.5 gallons each)
Tool boxes x 3 (various extensive spare parts)
Anchor and 6m gal chain
Various lines onboard
Fenders 2x large, 4x small
Sails: main, 2x genoas, #2, #3, storm jib, spinnaker (and pole)
This is a great clean example of the famous Contessa 26. Previously only sailed on fresh water until June 2010 when I spent the money to sail her single handed across oceans. New upsized standing rigging 2010, including running backstays and a removable inner forestay for extra strength. Over $10,000 spent in the last year, she has sailed the Caribbean and ready to go further.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For gallery visit: http://gallery.me.com/jessemartin#100129&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=1
Oriana III is for sale. Nice boat with nicer than average interior woodwork. Original gel coat. Never painted. Has already been cruising 3 months this spring, well set up to go.
Yanmar 1GM10 Diesel, under 450 Hours
Oil and filter just changed
Thorough spring tune up including new Yanmar exhaust elbow
Last year: New exhaust system engine to Transom
New Vetus water strainer and anti-siphon valve on engine
New PSS dripless shaft seal. New Aluminum fuel tank
All new fuel lines. Racor primary fuel filter rebuilt
Old bottom paint stripped off to gel coat and 2 layers of Micron CSC
ablative bottom paint applied
Bow Roller with 10 Kg Bruce anchor, 50 feet 5/16 chain and 120’ rope
Secondary 13 lb Danforth. 300’ stern tie on reel
Main sail and cover, 2 Genoas, 1 working jib
New halyards, sheets, jib downhaul, topping lift – all led aft
Mast steps, jackline padeyes
Origo Gimballed non-pressure alcohol stove
Manual bilge pump, Rule 750 auto bilge pump
2 – 12 V batteries 1 Starting, 1 Deep Cycle – new June 2011
Dual Bank smart charger, new electrical panel
Icom VHF, Garmin depth sounder
Includes charts, most safety gear and very nice Booth rowing tender
In and out of water Marine Survey done April 2011
Vessel located Sidney, BC
For Sale at $12,500
- Dreamspeaker, ex Rum Ginny, ex Dreamspeaker, ex Barefoot
- Beautifully maintained, fully equipped for cruising and club racing
- Glossy white gelcoat in excellent condition, blue cove stripe and boot top, blue VC17M
- Blue Sunbrella Natty Dodger and sail cover
- Varnished teak trim and cockpit grate
- Forward toe and hand rails stripped and refinished with 6 coats Epifanes varnish (2011)
- New hatch boards (2011)
- Cockpit lockers, bilges and engine compartment re-painted (2010-2011)
- Fuel tank cleaned and reinstalled on new base with new deck fill and gauge (2010)
- Cockpit drains relocated, new seals on access hatches with positive-sealing, single-bolt fastener system (one per hatch, 2011)
- Five coats Interprotect 2000 epoxy barrier coat (2006), top coat squeegeed and sanded to #320
- Yanmar 1GM10 diesel (1995), re-installed in 2011 on new bearers and mounts
- Doyle PHRF main with loose foot, two full battens, two reefs, draft stripes, numbers and insignia (2010)
- North 153% genoa with numbers and draft stripes (2005)
- Good suit of Raudaschl sails – bi-radial main (1995), #1, #2, #3
- Spinnaker in turtle bag with pole, winches, lines and gear
- Halliards, lift, reefing and vang led aft to two Harken #8 winches on cabin top with SpinLock organizers and clutches, jib downhaul line led aft to cockpit
- Barient #16 primary winches, Gibb spinnaker winches, Gibb halyard winches on mast
- New stainless rigging in 2010 with Sta-Lok terminals, Blue Sea toggled turnbuckles, new Klacko Marine tangs for 7/32” uppers (upsized from 5mm)
- New lifelines in 2010 with gate eyes and Wichard gate hooks
- New bronze, ball-valve seacocks throughout (2006-2008)
- Pumps – Whale Gusher manual (2009), Rule 500 electric (2010)
- Jabsco head (2004)
- Uniden Solara VHF (2007)
- Plastimo compass,speed/distance log, Magellan handheld GPS with mount
- Danforth and Bruce-style anchors, 100’ and 250’ marked nylon rodes, 10’ chain
- Force 10 barbecue, new ForeSpar Mini-Galley (2011)
- Starting and house batteries
- Two boarding ladders, fenders, dock lines, all safety gear
- Folding cradle
- Lying Mimico Cruising Club, Toronto, Ontario
- Asking $13,000
Main sail latted with two reefs, 140% Genoa on furler controled with two self tailing Arken winches. Pole. Original main sail, genoa, jib and spinaker.
GPS Garmin 120, VHF COBRA MARINE MR F55, SIMRAD TP10 Tiller Pilot.
Danforth anchor with 10’ chain and 100’ rope.
4 strokes Outboard Yamaha T9.9 High Trust 2002 with remoted controls.
Boat in Québec (Gaspésie)
You can see some pictures at :
$10,000 or best offer.
Contact Mathieu Brosssard
450-465-2043 / 514-318-4537
Boat and hull and fittings in great shape
Boat in Marblehead
-10hp Bukh diesel in excellent condition w/12 gal. diesel tank; -less than 200 hours on motor mounts, cutless bearing, packing and water lift muffler, less than 50 hours on rebuilt water pump;
-All standing and running rigging new in 2009 w/new chain plates and most deck hardware rebedded;
-Sails new in 2010….Main w 2 reefs, 135, 110, 90 and storm jib in excellent cond.
-New Lewmar #16ST sheet winches w/ new genoa cars
-Custom mainsheet traveler w/ Lewmar cars
-Internal halyards in mast and internal reef lines in boom
-Cape Horn self-steering
-Mast re-wired w/ new tri-light and vhf antennae
-Factory barrier coat and Interlux VC 17 hard racing bottom
-Head w/ 15 gallon holding tank scrubbed out and unused
-19# Danforth style anchor w/ chain and rode in foredeck anchor well
-New Raymarine VHF and Uniden depth sounder still in boxes
-I bought the boat last June from Barry Alten but I’m afraid I’ve gotten too old to cruise her. She’s on the hard in Oriental , NC. I’m sanding the exterior teak and hopingto have a new awning made for her.
I’m asking the same price I paid for her….$17,900.00 as I believe this is the fair price for a Contessa of this quality. I hate bargaining….it makes no sense to me.
I am selling my JJ Taylor Contessa 26. She sleeps 4, has a head, stove, icebox and sink with fresh water hold. Powered by an inboard German Farymann diesel she is very economical under power. She’s extremely stable under sail and has a solid feel even with the gunnels submerged. You will find her an excellent choice as a family day sailer for both local and distance sails. She comes with an Autohelm, VHF, spare sails, new upholstery, new dodger, new sail covers and Comox moorage. Please call 250 792-4810 or email me for a showing.
Year Built – 1981
Port of Registry – VANCOUVER
Gross Tonnage – 4.55 t
Net Tonnage – 4.25 t
Construction Type – MOULDED
Construction Material – REINFORCED PLASTIC
Vessel Length – 7.86 m
Vessel Breadth – 2.32 m
Vessel Depth – 1.25 m
Engine – DIESEL
Number of Engines – 1
Propulsion Type – AUXILIARY
Speed – 6.0 knots
Propulsion Method – SINGLE SCREW
Propulsion Power – 7 BHP
Builder Name – J.J. TAYLOR & SONS LTD.
New Harken Furler & jib
Three new up-sized self-tailing winches (Lewmar 16ST – on cabin sides & starboard cabin top)
New ash/mahogany tiller with cover (& spare)
New Jib sheet track cars
Newer plastimo compass
All new, never used, hoses for head hook-up
Buhk diesel engine (professionally maintained), all new fuel lines
Ground tackle: 10K Bruce anchor, 10lb. Danforth, Simpson Lawrence manual windlass.
Dodger and cockpit cover
Lots of spare parts and bits and pieces.
Additional sails: spinnaker/pole, 180 genoa, 150 genoa, stay sail, storm sail.
For history of boat see: http://www.brucedesign.ca/cruising/Bahamas/tb_sailboat.html
Clean, dry boat. Lightly sailed, frequently.
Boat located in Penetanguishene, ON
$17,000 $14,000 obo SOLD
- Tan-bark sails: mainsail, 155 genoa and reefable working jib
– Drifter (aka Cruising Shooter)
– Storm jib and trysail (both new)
– Nissan 6hp 4-stroke outboard w/3 gallon portable tank
– Standard Horizon CP150 GPS chartplotter
– Standard Horizon Quest GX1255S VHF w/DSC
– Horizon SL45 Digital Speed Log
– Si-Tex Model FL-7 depth sounder and fish finder
– Plastimo Contest 100 bulkhead mount compass
– Rigging replaced in 2004
– Bottom painted Nov 2008
– AquaSignal tri-color navigation light w/all-around anchor light
– Hassler Wind Vane (requires “remounting” using existing holes)
– Autohelm (needs repair)
– 25 lb CQR w/ ~16ft 7/16” chain & ~120 feet 9/16” rode
– 14 lb Performance2 “Danforth” style anchor w/200 foot rode
– “Bruce” style claw anchor, 16.5lb
– Two automatic bilge pumps
– Two Whale Gusher manual bilge pumps
– Kerosene heater, bulkhead mounted
– Guest 10 battery charger
– Two SeaGel Deep Cycle marine batteries
– BBQ, rail-mounted
– Two cockpit jib-sheet bags
– Force Ten Seacook stove (uses small propane cylinders)
– SS Sink w/ hand pump
– Raritan PH-II Head & holding tank w/ approved valve arrangement
– Kerosene hanging lamp
– 12V DC interior lighting
– 120v AC circuit
– 30 amp 25 foot shore-power cord
THE NISSAN 6HP OUTBOARD IS MOUNTED ON A STAINLESS-STEEL ADJUSTABLE TRANSOM BRACKET. THE ENGINE IS VERY RELIABLE AND GETS THE BOAT UP TO HULL SPEED (6+ KTS)
Boat is laying San Francisco, CA
Currently located in Oriental, NC
- This boat is in wonderful condition and has traveled more than 4000 miles in the past year. She is ready to go!
- She has a reliable 10 hp Bukh inboard diesel in great running condition.
- There are many new and recent parts including:
- Almost new sails (first used in 2010)—Main, storm jib, working jib, and 135% genoa. 110% Genoa is in fair shape and is my most-used sail.
- Recent standing and running rigging (2009)
- New genoa track cars
- Self-tailing Lewmar 16 cockpit winches
- Custom mainsheet traveler system with Lewmar traveler
- Mast rewired with new masthead lights in 2009
- Cape Horn self-steering vane—works beautifully! I only steer in channels and harbors or if there is NO wind!
- Less than 200 hours on new engine mounts, cutless bearing, shaft packing, and new water-lift muffler
- Water pump rebuilt 50 hours ago—new spare parts on board as well
- Racing-smooth bottom with Interlux VC-17 bottom paint and factory barrier coat
- Head with holding tank
- 19-lb Danforth style anchor with chain and braided rode
- Raymarine VHF
- Depthsounder, new in box
I pulled, polished, inspected, and re-bedded all of the chainplates and also re-bedded some of the deck hardware this winter.
The boat is on the hard in Oriental, NC. She had been a Lake Erie boat her whole life until this winter, when she took me down the rivers to the Gulf of Mexico and now this far back up the East Coast. Her engine has been flushed and all the salt scrubbed off the boat, so she isn’t deteriorating from corrosion while she sits. If she doesn’t sell soon, then I will take her back up to Lake Erie where she has her trailer. The boat and trailer can be purchased together for $17,000 unless one of them sells separately first.
If desired, I will deliver this boat by sea from Oriental to points on the east or gulf coasts of the US, or the Great Lakes.
Contact me at 508-364-1459 or sy.cavendysh (at) gmail (dot) com
If I don’t respond right away it is because I am at sea. I will get back to you!
Present owner since 1976. Registered by name for international sailing.
Original gelcoat. Dark green hull, white deck. No osmosis.
Working jib, mainsail, 150% genoa, plus spare 150% genoa. Anchor, VHF radio, folding steel cradle. Four upgraded cockpit winches.
Original Petter diesel was removed in 1983. Prop shaft and stuffing box still in place.
Replaced by 10 hp Honda outboard with custom built aluminum mounting bracket which allows easy vertical positioning of the motor. This motor was an excellent match for the Contessa, smooth, quiet and with hull speed at half throttle.
The Honda was retired last year and replaced by new 9.8 four stroke Tohatsu. Again an excellent match for the boat. Tohatsu cost $2,500 and has less than 20 hours running time.
This Contessa has been used for day-sailing for the last 10 years.
This is an excellent upgrade project. Needs rewiring, new battery, general tidying up and cosmetic work.
To be launched May 7, 2011, Toronto, Canada.
Unlimited advice, sailing lessons etc from 65 year old present owner.
PRICE: $4,500 Canadian. ( Without outboard : $3,000. )
Completely re-fitted in 2005 to a high standard, Sophie is a high specification Contessa 26 in good condition.
She is set up for short-handed sailing and ready for extended cruising.
Sophie is currently lying ashore in Ross-shire (North West Highlands of Scotland).
Available from end of July 2011 (after farewell cruise). May be able to deliver her South as far as Oban.
For more information see: http://web.me.com/jakeburnyeat/contessa26forsale/Home.html
Contact Jake Burnyeat
0781 501 45 40
“LITTLE MINUTE” IS FOR SALE. A Contessa 26 completely restored by a very talented master craftsman to better than original construction.
This boat underwent a two year out of water complete rebuild. Everything on this boat was rebuilt, strengthened, or replaced.
This restoration includes the following:
• Decks professionally re-cored
• Bottom barrier coated with 5 coats of Interprotect
• Hull, 5 coats of Perfection 2 part polyurethane
• Decks, 3 coats of Perfection 2 part polyurethane
• Rebuilt mast interior support beam
• New teak toe rail and hull to deck joint redone and strengthened
• New teak rudder cap assembly and tiller
• All exterior teak is new (see pictures)
• New Lewmar centre hatch
• New Lexan in all ports
• All deck fittings re-bedded with stainless backer plates
• Interior wood completely replaced including bulkheads
• All cushions replaced with new upholstery and foam
• New Origo gimballed alcohol stove
• New 120 volt shore power system including a new panel
• 12 volt system: 2 new DC panels, new marine grade wiring, two recent 12V batteries and built in battery charger
• LED navigation and interior lighting
• All new electronics: Raymarine VHF, speed, depth, and autopilot ST2000
• Plumbing-All new items: bronze seacocks, hoses, stainless steel sink, Fyn Spray faucet, manual and electric bilge pumps
• All new standing and running rigging, turn buckles, and SS chain plates
• New Harken traveller and mainsheet system
• New double life lines
• Custom bow roller
• New Harken #32 two speed self tailing winches
• Sails: full battened main (good), 150 genoa (good), 120 genoa (new 2009), 90 Jib (new 2009) asymmetrical spinnaker (excellent)
• Kubota 6HP diesel with low hours, new aluminium fuel tank, Racor separator/filter, new Vetus waterlock exhaust and hosing, and new raw water strainer
• Anchor, 100’ anchor rode, all safety equipment, and cockpit cushions included.
Boat is located on Presqu’ile Bay Lake Ontario. See the listing in www.sailboatlistings.com for pictures. There is more to this list, so please call or email for more information.
Excellent Condition – photos available
Diesel well maintained with extensive maintenance records for the boat. Good suite of sails including main, working jib, and genoa. Sound hull, deck, bulkheads, autopilot, chainplates, solar panel, etc. new VHF radio, new Head, new diesel tank, new compass, new Garmin Radar, new Garmin Radar-Connected GPS Boat located in Prince Edward County, (Lake Ontario) Ontario Canada. Would prefer Ontario buyer, but will consider inquiries from abroad. Buyer responsible for transport, and customs if exporting from Canada. Dry storage available for a fee until transport has been arranged.
Ontario registered axle trailer available : included in price!
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.
Interested parties should plan on visiting the boat ASAP.
We are selling our 1983 JJTaylor #312. The boat was upgraded
in 2006 with new stays and shrouds( increased wire size),
Schaefer Roller Furling, an Aries windvane, new VHF radio, JRC Radar, a new Jabsco head and a gimballed Origo alcohol stove.
The same year the cutlass bearing was replaced Vixen has a Farymann diesel 7HP, Autohelm, Telescopic swimladder, One SS Bruce anchor and one Danforth, Schaefer Roller Furling,
Mainsail, working jib, genua and spinnaker
Spinaker pole, Aquasignal trilight,
Signet windindicator, registered 406Mhz Epirb ,
Spare tiller. Steel cradle
Boat located in Bayfield Ontario, For more info or pictures call
Peter at: 519-471-9360. Price $18,900
Second Owner and she has sailed on Lake Erie her whole life.
10hp Bukh diesel, with new motor mounts.
All new lines, sheets with new Clutches
New main sail, storm sail, working sail (85) and genoa 135 plus the original 110 genoa in good condition.
New Cape Horn windvane
New Raymarine radio
Mast rewired with new tri-light on top
Sleeps 4 very nice interior upholstry
New lower stanchions,
New gaskets around the hatches
New companionway made of teak
There are a number of photos in the photo gallery under Cavendysh plus conversations about my boat in a number of threads
SOLD: 1974 Contessa 26 # 244: $6,300.00 (including outboard and trailer).
Built by Jeremy Rogers Yachts in Lymington, England!
Beautiful woodwork and well-maintained.
See pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/djyoung75/Contessa26ForSale630000#
New Nissan Marine long shaft outboard in 2007
Mainsail, two jibs, one spinnaker ? roller furler jib
New dark green paint and gold stripes in 2007
Depth sounder, mast and deck running lights all working
Compass, misc. safety equipment and older life jackets, two anchors, etc.
Solar panel for charging batteries
Sleeps 4 or 5 ? very nice interior upholstry
Fresh bottom paint and Sikkens ?varnish? 2009.
Boat was trailered in 2007 from Kansas to Ohio. Price includes trailer.
Boat is stored indoors, but currently is in the water in Sandusky, Ohio (Lake Erie).
Move to central Texas necessitates sale of boat.
Call DJ at 419.357.5893 to find out more!
Beta 13 (kubota) 2005 (low hours)
solar panel 2005
epoxy bottom paint 2005
survey fall 2008
autopilot 2005 with remote control
simrad depth instrument 2005
teak floor 2008
dc panel 2008
roller furling 2005
pram dinghy built 2006
bbq Dickinson 2005
macerator pump 2005
galley foot pump 2005
hella fans 2 2005
sony cd player 2007
upholstery and foam for settee seats 2005
xantrex battery monitor – link 10 2005
force 10 kerosene heater
Contessa 26, JJ Taylor. Overhauled for Bahamas trip in 2005. Recent survey in fall 2008.
Must sell. Owner has taken job in the Carribean.
Boat is on the hard in Whitby, Ontario.
Pisces is a JJ Taylor made vessel constructed in the early 70s. I purchased the boat in Kingston, Ontario in the fall of 1998 and believe I’m the 5th owner of the vessel. Growing family and work obligations are leaving me less time to take advantage of this splendid cruiser. She is a wonderful boat for anyone looking to improve their seamanship, cruise the Great Lakes, or even take her further. I have set up a website describing her features, a list of projects that I’ve identified, the conditions of purchase, and information on best days to view the boat at http://www.co26.info.
Serious inquires only please.